At Diamond Logistics, we use many different carriers for our fulfilment services, and we thought it would be useful to outline to our clients (new and old) what we think their specialism is and how best they can be used for your business.
One of our premier carriers is DPD.
I have to say this is a Kate favourite for sheer quality of delivery, not to mention the really proactive communications with the end delivery customers.
They are relied upon by our fulfilment customers who want to match their quality goods with a quality delivery solution.
Key features of DPD
- Great with either B2B and B2C parcel deliveries.
- Best technology available, with 1 hour time windows and the recipient can rearrange delivery themselves.
- We have many quality clients that use them – from Sacred Gin (for large orders) to Coffee Makers, to Retro Refit, to Smart Toys and Games.
- Best used for Next Day delivery with some timed deliveries (Pre-10:30 and 12 noon) and third-party collections.
Ultimately, we often recommend DPD as they offer the best client experience in terms of service performance and technology.
DHL Parcel UK
We’ve been working with DHL for years – when they were previously known as UK Mail.
We’ve visited their hub and we know how they work, and we work really well with them.
They are reliable and great value carriers.
Key features of DHL Parcel UK
- Great as B2B and B2C consignment carrier.
- Able to take larger freight than many of the other carriers we offer.
- Pre 09:00 delivery available.
- Competitive consignment rates.
- Clients that use them include Easee and Tozer Seeds – innovative and traditional companies.
- We mostly use them for classic Next Day delivery with some timed deliveries.
- DHL Parcel UK offer Next Day, 48 hour, 72 hour, 1kg, 2kg and 5kg courier packs, pre-09:00, pre-10:30 and pre-12:00.
We recommend them as a solid consignment carrier or to clients with large freight.
Evri, formally known as Hermes, is a low-cost carrier.
Now, sometimes they get a bad rap – but ultimately you get what you pay for and for the price they provide service for is good.
Key features of Evri
- B2C Specialist.
- Competitive 1kg packet rate.
- Customisable delivery options such as signature required or 1 hour, 2 hour or 4 hour delivery window.
- Clients that use them include Sacred Gin, Raw Artisan Honey and London Vermouth.
- We mostly use for 48 hour parcels and 48 hour packets.
- They offer next day, 48 hour parcel, 48 hour packets, and 72 hour light and large.
We recommend them to clients shipping low-value items to customers, often through eCommerce platforms.
Despite Brexit – which did impact significantly on our clients International sales – we still have a vibrant International despatch.
DHL is our International provider of choice.
Key features of DHL International
- B2B and International consignment carrier.
- High service levels.
- Very competitive rate on next day to Northern Ireland.
- Clients that use them include Tozer Seeds, Frame 24, Sacred Gin and Makers Cabinet.
- They offer Next Day and timed deliveries domestically, road service to Europe and Air express worldwide, also with timed options.
We strongly recommend DHL for all traffic to Northern Ireland and Internationals outside Europe.
Despite their previous IT challenges with their recent merger, Fedex TNT still provide a great International service for goods around the world.
They are one of our predominant International consignment carriers and are able to take large freight with low surcharges.
Clients that use them are Makers Cabinet, Hub 7 and Tozer Seeds.
Key feature of TNT/FedEx
- Road service to Europe and Air express worldwide with timed options.
We recommend TNT for large International freight including pallets and road shipments to Europe.
It’s a recent addition to our Fulfilment clients and a welcome one.
People trust Royal Mail and want to have it as part of their multiple carrier solution. And here’s why.
Key features of Royal Mail
- Very competitive rates for small parcels under 2kg with multiple weight breaks.
- Offer enhanced liability at low rates.
- Tracked and Untracked services available.
- Clients of ours that use them include Makers Cabinet, Hub 7 and Tozer Seeds.
- Mostly used for small items that are not urgently shipped Internationally and to Scottish Highlands and Offshore Isles.
- They offer 24 hour, 48 hour and worldwide shipments up to 2kg with multiple weight breakpoints when either tracked or untracked.
We recommend Royal Mail for small items going to Scottish Highlands and offshore isles or Internationally that do not require quick transit times.
The Diamond Logistics multi-carrier solution
This is an example of just some of the delivery options we have via our multi-carrier solution.