Medical courier is a specialised service dedicated to delivering the right quality standards demanded by urgent, often irreplaceable, deliveries. Supporting a wide range of clients across both NHS Trusts and private medical companies, including virus testing, pathology, blood delivery, pharmaceuticals and medical suppliers, Diamond Logistics has 30 years of delivering tailor made solutions.
Well skilled in timed delivery and have thousands of resources all-round the UK we can provide a nationwide solution. We’ve also got over 20 UK service centres, which means we can provide a high level of regional support through one contract.
Recognising the needs of NHS Trusts
Particular needs from a medical courier include the:
- Urgency of delivery – often items are needed quickly for transfusion or theatre, and we are confident that we can deliver via dedicated courier.
- Visibility in the delivery process – the uniqueness of our service offering is that whoever is relying on the goods will have 100% transparency of the delivery due to our live vehicle tracking on our logistics platform, Despatchlab.
- Ease of service access – not only will your team be able to book online quickly and efficiently but they will be able to track all their consignments in one place. Whether it be urgent blood transfusions or medication, less urgent items from your post room, or even fulfilment of supplies to field staff such as midwives via next day carrier, we’ve got you covered.
Having the diversity of service solutions means that an entire Trust can utilise Diamond for all their logistics needs; from post, parcel and pallet to pharmaceuticals and pathology. And a variety of delivery options from same day courier, next day, postal and pallet services. We even have international facilities, albeit most of our medical and NHS clients tend to deliver within the UK.
What can our fulfilment and delivery facilities bring to NHS Trusts?
Uniquely, Diamond can offer over 20 locations of warehousing to twin with the medical courier requirements providing the only local fulfilment and delivery network in the UK. Here are a couple of examples of how we can support NHS Trusts.
- For St Thomas Hospital, we provide outsourced fulfilment for the IT department which means they do not have to take up valuable London space for the store and distribution of their IT equipment. We simply replenish their IT requirements on a weekly basis.
- We have recently quoted to provide fulfilment facilities for field nurses, so that they don’t have to go into the busy Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford. They can simply come to our warehouse, and we will provide them with the supplies that they have ordered overnight. This increases their efficiency and stops them from getting held up in town centre traffic. Included with all of this is our inventory system so supplies can be monitored, maintained and regulated remotely.
In delivery what we do is very simple. Examples include:
- Collect and deliver pathology and urgent bloods for The Doctors Laboratory
- Delivery medical devices globally for CryoLife and Freehand
For more information about our services and how they can support your logistics needs, click here.
Alternatively, if you would like to know more about our medical courier and fulfilment services and would like to understand more about how we can support you, give our team a call on 0333 567 5888, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact form below.